Monday, August 25, 2014

OMNI FOR THE SAVE?


Hello!

This has been a pretty intense week.We started of the week with something amazing.  Elder Chatterton and I were walking down the street just wrapping up a day of contacting when a man came up behind us and starting speaking some broken English with us.  He told us that he had seen our partners in Poland!  We got talking with him for a bit and he was totally down to set up and meet up with us!  We have been able to meet up with him about three times this week.  It is pretty nice to have an investigator to be able to focus on now.  It is
always difficult when you are just starting from scratch.  Which I have noticed has kinda been my mission so far.  I have been in newly opened up areas my entire mission except for Bucharest.  When a place is newly opened it can be kinda rough.  We have almost called every single person in our area book already to just kinda give you an idea.  So being able to find someone this week has been a huge miracle!  We had a lesson with him unlike any I have had in my mission so far.  We were planning on talking about the plan of salvation, but towards the end the subject got switched to the Book of Mormon.  We gave him a copy right there and he flipped to a random page.  He ended up in Omni 1:25.  After reading it, he kinda just looked at us in amazement.  He went on to explain that what that verse had just said was the exact thing that he was just telling us!  This alone gave him the curiosity and motivation to want to continue to read the Book of Mormon.  The entire rest of the lesson, he just kept saying " I just feel so good right now, like all my problems are just gone".  It was a lesson truly guided by the spirit... I mean he ended up in Omni of all places!
The Zone
So that was basically the beginning of the week.  We then had zone training this week and it was great!  There is something awesome that happens when the whole zone gets together.  It was kinda weird cause I realized that there were only three missionaries older then me at the meeting!?( older = having done more transfers then me ) as for actual age... I think I am still one of the youngest.  Elder Chatterton is
technically older then me in actual age!  Anyways beside the point.  We all got together and it was a great meeting.  I left it feeling so uplifted and so motivated to get some work done.

Okay then to continue on the week we had district meeting.  As the meeting was kinda wrapping up, someone brought up something about fasting.  It kinda gave me the idea for us to do a district fast for church attendance here, whether that be for members, less actives, or non members, we were hoping that it would help all 3 areas.  So right there we decided we would all join together in a fast for the branch. 


By the time Saturday rolls around, life is pretty interesting.  Elder Chatterton and I went to the usual Internet cafe to do our extra hour of internet.  As soon as we got there we began to be harassed by everyone in there.  I ended up sitting next to the person that was kinda the one leading everyone being so against us.  They were saying a lot of awful things about us and about America.  So naturally I start talking to this guy that I am next to.  Everything he is saying is super smart-Alic and making everyone in the internet cafe bust up and laugh.  We eventually started talking about what we were doing here in Romania.  This whole time you are reading this, you are probably wondering why we didnt just get out of there.  There was one person in there that elder Chatterton and I decided was super cool and if we could make an impression on him it would all be okay. When I told them that we didn't drink, do drugs, have sex before marriage, and dont smoke, I seriously felt like I was the "weird one" in the room, but that's okay, I'll be the weird one.
This brings us to Sunday.  As we are sitting there I look at the time.  It is five minutes before Church is supposed to start and the only ones there are the six missionaries, two
We appreciate "this guy" in our branch. He makes things fun
and interesting
members, and our investigator.  It made all of our hearts sink a little bit.  Right before the hour our Branch president shows up along with another member.  We were all thinking we would just have to do a testimony meeting or something!  Luckily that didn't happen.  By the end of sacrament meeting we had a total of 9 people at church!  Three of them being investigators!  So that was kinda cool to see some investigators at church. We did 2 hours of church which is all I have done the whole time I have been here. The Branch President is about to get married to the Relief society president and then they will be moving to Canada!  They are wonderful and strong members here, when they leave it will cut the branch in half!  So the stress has kinda hit of the great need this place has for something missionary wise.  All we can do is our best and then put our trust in God to hasten His work in His own time.

So that is kinda the update for the week!  Sorry dont know if any of it makes sense or if any of the thoughts are connected.  Hopefully you can get something good out of it :)  Love you all so much!  Have a great week!!  I know I will, my district is so great here! and me and my comp get along super great!

Love,
Elder James
                "The District! We stumbled upon a castle"
Me and Chatterton encouraged everyone go on a hike last week and it turned into a huge adventure!  


No comments:

Post a Comment