Monday, August 4, 2014

THE BITTERNESS OF MEN


Hey how's it going!

To start of the week we had another chance for AFTER HOUR PARTY!  Not really, the sisters forgot their keys at the church.  When I called them at 10 pm they told me they had forgotten their keys at the church and they couldn't get into their apartment.  Haha so naturally elder G and I go over to the church get their keys and hop in a taxi.  I guess it wasn't to unnatural for this transfer right?

This week we have been very busy.  We have been trying to do a lot of less active and active member visits.  It is kinda our new focus.. "Balance".  We are trying to get just as many lessons with members and less actives as we are with our investigators. 
So far it is going pretty well.  Not that numbers matter, but as the district leader I have already seen our numbers increase.  Every Sunday night I have to call every companionship in my district and get their numbers for the week.  I was kinda reviewing them this past Sunday, and our numbers are up!  So that is really cool to see!  The pattern we have seen should continue and it should be great!


On to the big news of the week... Transfers!!  The only thing happening to our district is me and elder Poulsen leaving!  President Ivory has asked me to make my way over to the beautiful city of SIBIU!  Arguably one of the prettiest cities in all of Romania!  That's not all that is going to happen next transfer.  President has also asked me to continue to be a district leader and also second part train!  In the mission typically what happens is when a new missionary comes in, they get trained for two transfers.  My new companion's name is elder C.  His trainer is "dying" this transfer so I am
Elder Cooper and Elder Poulsen
going to finish up his training.  I am really super excited to be going over there!  Guess who else is over in Sibiu?  Elder L from my MTC group!  He is a zone leader with elder C and they will be in my district!  I couldn't be more happy for this up coming transfer.  The elders over there are some of the best examples and friendliest elders out here.  Of course it is a little sad to part ways with elder Poulsen.  He is going to be a ZL is Iasi.  Elder Poulsen and I have been together for about 7 months now.  More then half my mission.  It is going to be different, but it will be good. :)

Excluding transfers... It's been a tough week.  There is not really a reason I should be happy or feel motivated, but I am. I will tell you though, that undoubtedly the reason I am happy and motivated right now is because Heavenly Father knew he needed to be with me specifically this week.  I have felt his spirit comfort some deep emotions I have.  There has been a lot of unkind things that have happened. I have been judged pretty harshly.  I have felt abandoned this week even by people I trust.  It just kinda stunk.  I felt like no one believed in me.  Like I said above, there is no way in the world, not even a sliver of a chance that I should be happy and motivated right now, but I am.  When all this stuff was going on,  Heavenly Father helped me see different points of views and helped me understand why people were acting the way they were.  I should be down in the dumps right now, but I am not and I wasn't... I am still kicking!!  I have experienced what can only be called as
tender miracles this week.  I had an experience where I was helping the senior couple here get some food.  The worker turned to me and said " wow you speak Romanian very well"  I didn't say a lot to him so there wasn't much to judge of off, but that compliment helped sustain me through because you know that's my insecurity.  I also had the opportunity to bare my testimony this week in church.  I got up and I know I didn't speak perfectly.  I know I made some  mistakes, but when I finished with my testimony, I went and sat back down.  This is when I felt the spirit super strong.  The words came to my head, "you did good, I am happy"  I know this was my Father in Heaven...  I guess the thing is, Heavenly Father didn't need me to get up in front of everyone and speak fluently or even correctly.  I did what I could, and although not perfect there was a greater purpose behind it... this is what I know.


Reflecting on this week has helped me realize and see growth and progress.  My testimony about God's love for me and each one of His children has been expanded by leaps and bounds.  I know that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
We can be happy if we remember our Father in Heaven and all he has done for us and all he does every single day.  My knees are bruised, but they have never felt better!  Through the difficult things we go through there is always something to be thankful for.  If you can find them and thank God for them, I promise you will see God's unyielding and endless love for you more then you ever have!  He wants you to be happy. He has created an entire plan specifically for you to be happy.  It just takes us opening our minds and trying to see things the way God does. :)


I am super excited to have the opportunity this transfer to help another elder and the district over in Sibiu.  There is something for me to do in Sibiu. Not only something to do, but someone who needs me over there.  Can't wait to get started over there!

Love you all so much!  Just so you know, I have defiantly felt your prayers, fasts, and the things you are doing for my benefit!  Thank you all for your support and love!! :)

Love,
Elder James :)
PS:
Congrats Mrs. Meek and Mr. Meek.  haha  MARRIAGE!! Such a happy thing!  Glad to see me and Joco were able to make it! ;) Court you look so pretty and happy!  And Tallen!!!  Your suit and your shoes!! ah!!  good taste!  I approve.

 ***For Family night or just when ever, you should show everyone this short clip.  It blew me away.  It is my favorite Mormon message. :)  http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?im=true&v=3701964025001




No comments:

Post a Comment