Monday, November 10, 2014

THE LIGHT


It's been another week.  It's crazy how to describe time.  I feel like just yesterday I was on here writing, but at the same time, it's like been a month since I've heard from you! crazy stuff.

I think this was the last week where we are going over to that investigator's garden to farm and stuff.  He has been saying he is going to France to go take care of bees and get honey for the last like 6 months or something like that.  We'll turns out this week we actually think he left!  I am still a little hesitant because he just barely ordered 25 truck loads of dirt that was just barely dumped on his property this last Tuesday.  He wants us to continue to work for him... but he wont be back for a very long time... we are not really sure what to do.  I kinda feel bad for him.  We think some one jipped him on his dirt.  We were looking at and digging through it, and it is just
a bunch of clay (from what I hear, that is not good for farming)  It also has a bunch of random concrete pieces all over (kinda like a broken up sidewalk)  So actually what we think happened was he bought this stuff from some construction workers for super cheap or something like that.
Now comes the question why did he do that if he knew he was going to France?  Maybe we will never know.  Oh also while we were there, I thought it would be a good moment to use my ceramics skills.  I made a huge trophy/ goblet of some sort.  It was actually looking pretty good.... so I brought it home to put in our oven to see if it would harden enough to use it.  If anyone who is reading this knows anything about ceramics... I think they know how much that idea just simply would not work.  To say the least, it didnt make it.... but that's enough about that.

                              
So you know that audit I had to do for the branch over here?  Well this week I got 100% done with it!  All the hard stuff was over a while ago, I just had a lot of busy work to do with it.  It took a couple hours cause the printer wasn't working at the church, but luckily elder W is a genius and got it to work just enough so I could get it done.  Now let's just cross our fingers I didnt make any mistakes!

Something super cool happened this week.  We were able to meet with a less active member.  Ever since I was with Elder C we have been trying to meet up with him.  We finally were able to do a drop by his work and talk for him for like 5 minutes.  THE most productive 5 minutes I have ever spent!  It went super well.  It was really good to just put a face to him and for him to do the same for us.  Now the hope is he will be more open to meet up now that we are not strangers.  The best part is, he is super young and I still feel like he has "the light" in his eyes.  He asked for a whole bunch of our English cards that we hand out to people on the street to get to come to our courses, and said that he wanted to give a bunch out to his friends and also leave some at his work for customers to grab!  He is amazing and would have some great things to contribute to help the work progress SO much here in Sibiu! He is just a solid guy.  We are hoping he will be able to move back into Sibiu so things will be just a tad easier for him.  
 We have some cool stuff to look forward to this week.  A member of the 70 is coming over here to talk with all of us.  You might remember his talk he gave in general conference a while ago.  It was about when he was a boy and his parents told him not to walk around outside without shoes.  Well he does and then gets stung by a scorpion. I am super excited to hear from him, I really liked that talk he gave.  So this means Wednesday afternoon we are hoping on a train and heading down to Bucharest!  Basically the entire mission will be there so I am super excited to see all of them as well!  We then will either come back Thursday night on another 5 or 6 hour train ride or on Friday morning.  A lot of travel but it is so worth it.  I will let you know how it goes next week!

Love you all so much!  Thanks for your letters and all your support.  I couldn't ask for a better family.  I am so happy we can be together for eternity!  That info alone gives me so much comfort I can't express it in words.  Have a good week!

Love,
Cooper

Ps:  I bought a harmonica today!  I decided it would be good to learn how to play.  When I am old sitting on my porch with my big ol' dog... That'll be the best.  Hidden talent coming to the surface?.... I think so! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment