Monday, May 25, 2015

APRIL 29 - Zone Conference and Everything Else


APRIL 29, 2015

What a week so far!  I am trying to remember all the way back to last week and it is proving to be a little challenging. 
We were able to have few lessons this week with a member and less active.  It's really cool in this branch because you're constantly doing lessons with the same members you really get to know each other.  The BP and his wife are just
amazing.  We go over there about once a week talk about how the branch is doing, how missionary work is going, and then we share a short little spiritual thought with them.
So Sunday we actually had a really good turn out at church.  We had 9 people come!  Two American guys who live in Germany but have a project here in Craiova come every week.  The are amazing.  The one always asks us what he can bring to us from the states.  He
works with the army so he gets all the hook ups and fairly fast as well.  This past Sunday he brought a big box of pop tarts!  haha me and A are kinda in heaven right now.  It's moments like these when you appreciate being in a two man city... less missionaries to share with. :)  But honestly he is just the best. I just really appreciate this man.  We also had a "church walk in" on Sunday.  Which just means there was a random guy who wanted to see how the mormons do things.  We talked with him for a while and he stayed the whole first hour.  We got his contact info and hopefully we can set up with him soon.  After church I had to stay kinda long because I am still trying to figure out how to work the whole MLS stuff... for the most part it is fairly simple, and I got it, just not when you make mistakes I guess haha.
Now onto Monday.  What a freakin crazy day.  So it was a zone conference, nothing to crazy.  The thing is we weren't supposed to spend the night Sunday night in Buc so that meant us having to wake up at 5 am to catch a train at like 6.  We then took the 3 hour train to Buc.  As soon as we arrived we had to take a taxi to get to the chapel on time for the
meeting.  Then of course we sit through the 4 hour zone conference.  It was good.  President Ivory had one of his buddies from Utah come to Romania to come speak to us. He talked a lot about being successful and how if you want to be successful you should just look at what you are doing when you have nothing to do.  It reminded me of something some one told me once that I really like. "You can tell a lot about a man by what he does when he is bored” Basically just a reminder to make sure we stay productive and keep ourselves busy and all that good stuff.  So overall zone conference was good.  I met an elder who has apparently been following my blog.  It was pretty cool kinda made me feel like a celebrity a bit haha.  He was a really chill guy.
So after that I had set up an appointment with the D Family!  I love that family so much!  They always feed us tons of food.  They are doing great and they mentioned stuff about preparing to go to the temple!!  How sick is that!  I am super
excited for them.  To end the day we hopped on the 3 hour train back to Craiova and got in at like 11:30 in the rain.  To say the least, we were tired.
Now yesterday we started English.  It just so happened to decide to rain and thunder like crazy.  So we didnt have very many people show up, but we are hopeful for our Saturday class.
So that has been my week so far! haha  I feel like I just typed out an entire essay.  I missed some stuff here and there so if I remember I will tell yall soon.  I love you all so much!  Thanks for constantly having my back and just being overall amazing.  I miss you all and cant wait to skype with you guys soon!! haha  Have a good week.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment