Monday, February 16, 2015

FEBRUARY 9TH. BUSY AND GOOD!


 Alright, I didnt write down anything in my planner to write here so it will be interesting trying to get it all out there.
Basically English classes started up again.  We actually had a really good turn out.  I am really excited to teach our class.  We are doing the advanced so we just play games and trying to get conversations going and stuff.  During our Saturday
"Life is good" 
class we ended with a really nice spiritual thought about the Book of Mormon.  At the end we had two students come up and ask for a copy so that they could read and find out for themselves!  So cool!  I love how our whole district is all on the same page.  We all contribute to every single spiritual thought and I feel like it makes a big difference.  We have a cool plan for this round of English spiritual thoughts we came up with in district meeting.  Basically we are going to just go through the stories in the book of Mormon, so it will just be like story time every time it is time for spiritual thought.  So we just finished up with what the Book of Mormon is and now we are getting into the stories!  I am excited for this.
Now we also have a really sick opportunity here in Timi.  We get to go to an orphanage once a week and work with some of the kids there.  Basically just play games with them.  It is
"Working on getting our ear wax out. With French" 
Turing out to be a challenge cause their ages range from like 5 - 14.  It's really hard to come up with something a 14 likes to do and something a 5 year old can do at the same time!  If you have any fun games or something I am all ears! haha  The first time we went we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.  No one told us anything, but to just go.  So what it turned into was all the kids looking at me to tell them the next game we were going to play.... uh.  So what do I start to do?  I go on to explain this game.  I make all the kids sit, cross arms with their neighbors, and then have to hit their hands or something and it would pass it around in a circle.  After about 5 minutes of that a kid asked what was the next step or the point of the game.... hahaha I had no freakin idea!  I was just making it up on the spot cause no one else knew any games!  haha so now we are a bit more prepared for it... it was an interesting first time over there.  I really do like the kids though.  They are the same every time, so hopefully we can get to know them fairly well.  We go every Wednesday.  It is something fun that switches up the week a bit.  

Also our American family has arrived here in Timi.  So now we have a Branch president!  They have a lot of energy and want to be really involved with us.  So we are all super excited to be able to work with them... they also said they would feed us!! haha havent had that in a while.  I will keep you updated on that.
So this past Sunday... actually cool connection, mom's birthday is the same day that this country was dedicated!  We just hit the 25th anniversary so we did this cool transmission thing from Bucharest.  We got to hear a lot of our authorities talk so that was dope.  It was kinda hard to hear and understand... so I dont really have any cool insights from that... sorry haha, but I really liked it! 
So that is the week in a nut shell. Sorry it is all super scattered and what not.  That is just how my brain works I guess.  I love you all so much!!  Hope you have a great week!!

Love,
James Anderson Cooper

ps I am in the west so the weather is actually pretty nice most of the time.  We did get a bit of snow like 2 days ago but it went away super fast.  The nights are coming a lot slower so it looks like it is going to start warming up so and hopefully!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment