Monday, June 23, 2014

CRAZY STUFF AND BAPTISMS.



It is so unreal.  G, M, and R were all able to be baptized this past Saturday!  Elder Daland has been teaching them basically from the beginning (5-7 months)  He was the one to actually do the baptisms while elder Poulsen and I were able to be the witnesses.  This day was incredibly busy.  We woke up, did some personal study, had time to grab a quick bite to eat, and head out to go clean the font and the church.  It was really cool being the behind the scene process.  The font took FOREVER to fill up and there was some grime we had to clean off the bottom.  Super fun experience though.  So we had to let the font continue to fill up while our English class was going. 
I had to keep stepping out to make sure it wasn't going to high or nottin'.  Basically with in all this hassle of preparing for the baptisms, cleaning, and English,... we found out transfers boards... but more on that later. :)  So G and M showed up a little late.  We were filling pretty rushed, cause we still were not sure if we had white suits that fit them all.  Daland was getting changed and I was running around like a mad man trying to get all their stuff together.  Luckily, we found all their stuff and it all fit and was a huge miracle haha.  The program starts and everything is going smooth.  We get to the font and it's still going smooth!  It was really kinda cute to see their excitement about everything going on.  So first up was G in the font. Straight when he got out of the water, he started to silently sob.  It was such a powerful moment where the spirit was super strong.  So everything went smoothly and it was just great :)  

For our last district meeting, we played the ball game!  It was a success!  We got going and everyone got into it, even the AP's.  Through my mission I have been collecting bouncy balls and what not just so we could play this game at some point. 
The District
It was fun and we actually found and talked about some great metaphors relating to the gospel.  So ended with a bang! haha

Another highlight of this week was sports night.  It started of super sunny and great... and then about 15 minutes into it... it started pouring.  Like actual cats and dogs were falling from the sky!  We decided that we didnt care and had a very controlled soccer game in the pouring rain!  It was one of the funniest things ever!  We all got so muddy and drenched but it was so worth it!  I am really glad that we have sports nights with investigators here in Buc.  It helps show them that we are normal.  So great week in general!

Sometimes injuries happen!
We also were able to go paintballing today!  I have gone so much on my mission it is ridiculous.  So much fun.  Defiantly gonna do it more after my mission as well.

Now for transfer boards.  Elder Daland is leaving and going to Moldova and being a district leader over in Chisanuo.  Elder Poulsen is staying here and receiving a new comp.  I am staying as well and my new comps name is elder G.  He is the only native in the mission.  It is going to be so great for helping me with my Romanian, because he doesnt speak English hardly at all.  I am actually really excited for this aspect of this next transfer coming up, so I am going into this transfer hopeful and happy ready for miracles to happen.  I know I can be good for this Elder as well.  I am also excited because I get to become a "dad" this transfer!  So if you train that is your "kid" For new sisters coming in, their district leader is their "dad".  So it will be pretty fun haha. 

So in general, I am doing great, I am happy, and I am ready to go.  I have had so many great memories and great experiences this past week, that it is almost impossible to be anything else!  Thank you for being there for me and cheering me on.  I have defiantly felt your prayers in my behalf.  Love you all so much!  Hope you can have a great week!  Talk to ya later! ;)

AN AMAZING WAY TO END A TRANSFER. WHAT A BLESSING
Love,
Elder Coops

LOVE THESE PEOPLE. I'M GRATEFUL.
"I am so grateful for President and Sister Hill and will miss them tremendously"

No comments:

Post a Comment