Monday, June 16, 2014

TENDER MERCY/MIRACLE



It's crazy, this is the last week of transfers basically!  I feel like it has just started!

So remember last week how I told you I lost my wallet with everything inside it:  My Mission money card, personal money card, drivers license, 300 lei, my visa, and all my transportation passes?  Well guess what... I got it back!!!  I called the office elders that Tuesday and asked them what I was going to need to do, to get all my stuff secure and taken care of.  It was going to be this whole long process, involving a lot of time and a lot of traveling.  We started off Tuesday morning trying to find a police station.  We spent about two hours asking around and walking to try and get to one.  Right as we find the location to one, we get a call on our cell phone.  It is this random lady asking for a James Cooper!!  I was like "YA! I am James Cooper!"  We met her at the church and she returned my wallet!  Everything was inside of it!!  Not a single thing missing!  So crazy... and as fast as we found that lady, she disappeared!  Super crazy tender mercy right there.  Even though all my cards are canceled and what not... I still feel like it is better than the alternative.  Plus it will help me save money, not being able to pull any out haha :)

This week we also had zone conference.  Super weird for me.  Elder B, my trainer, gave his "dying testimony"  Which means he is going home at the end of this
Elder Cooper with his trainer (Daddy) - Good-bye picture
transfers... which is a week from Wednesday.  So crazy that he was training me almost one year ago, and now he is going home.  Guess who else gave their "dying testimonies"?  President Hill and Sister Hill!  I truly love them and I'm so grateful for everything they have done and the things they have sacrificed for us.  The mission is changing so much.  In the next two transfers (including this one)  we have 20+ missionaries leaving and being replaced with brand new people!  There will be more people younger then me then older by a lot!  It's going to be super different... but I feel like it will be good.  I really am not that nervous, just anxious to see what changes will be made instead of just rumors.

Okay so here is a story.  We are at a bookstore.  Myself and a couple other missionaries.  We are just shopping around and looking for deals like we do.  I noticed this girl staring at us, and it is super obvious.  All of us keep making awkward eye contact with her, and she just wont look away.  So I look and her and say "well hello there!"  She starts speaking in English.  She asks where are all of you from. 
Great Companions
We tell her Basically all over.  Then she is like, so what are all of you hot men doing here in Romania!  A little shocked, we explain and gave her our whole shpeal.  She then asks if we have any luck converting people.  She then answers her own question and says she bets it is just a bunch of girls, and that when ever we are try talking to them, they aren't paying attention to what we are saying, that they are to busy checking us out!  Then she is like take me to your leader!! haha She then says well I am going to leave before a pass out, checks us out, and walks out!  haha we were all really confused at first at what just happened haha.  Super weird, but we tried to spread the gospel and I guess at least we made a contact for the day. 

Also this week we were able to do a little bit of serve for Sora G.  Went over to her house, and cleaned her rugs.  And she fed us again, and it was great!

This takes us to Friday the 13th!!  Elder and me Daland found out we have a ghost in our apartment... just in our bathroom....it attacked us.  Elder Daland was going to hop in the shower when the shower curtain detached from the wall, fell on top of him and knocked him into the tub/shower headfirst!  He didnt really get hurt, just pulled his hamstring haha.  Then while I was in the shower, I heard something bang against the floor.  Found out after it was Daland's hair gel.  I asked if he threw it in while I was showering... and he said no!  I dont know....haha crazy funny stuff :)

Okay on the serious side, this next week is going to be great!  We are planning on having 3 of our investigator's baptisms on the 21st!  G and M the married couple.  And then R from Syria!  Everything is so lined up and is actually going to happen!  It is going to be wonderful.  It is the perfect way to end of the transfer.  I love all of these people, and I am starting feel close to them.  I realize though that I am reaping the reward of others work.  I know many missionaries have been a part of this conversion story and I am grateful to them. I came in and they were all already going to be baptized.  I was just here at the right time.  Dont get me wrong I am super grateful to be able to be here for them at such a great moment in there life... But hey I am still very very very excited to see and be a  part of a baptism!!  So this Saturday will be awesome!!

Well that is it for this week.  Next week Ill be able to tell you all if I am staying or just what ever happens.  Elder Daland has served 4 transfers here, this is his only city he has served in, so he is probably leaving and Ill be here to see what ever comes my way.  I really have grown as a district leader and just hope I can do whatever is expected of me this next transfer.  I dont know... Ill let you know next week!  Love you all so much!  Be safe and keep on being so wonderful!! :)

Love,
Elder Cooper the 2nd!

 "When Romania communist leader was killed they took this statue (his favorite one) and impaled it on this stake.  I think it is super cool... and pretty interesting."

                         "With my Dying trainer (meaning he's going home) and one of my buddies" 

Cooper and Dalad in front of the Opera House


No comments:

Post a Comment